This smashed Packard Bel laptop came to me with the request to get it working so files could be recovered and if possible it could be used in an emergency. I repaired the screw mounts which had been broken away from the cabinet using a combination of glue and hot-melt plastic glue, to give the necessary strength without having to try and obtain replacement cabinet parts. The customer had a replacement PC anyway. I spent a long time editing a full length voiced video but when I got to an hour and three quarters in length, I thought, nobody will want to watch all that, so edited down to half an hour with text overlays to explain what is happening and sped up most of the action. Hope that works for you.